Friday, September 14, 2012

A passion for helping - Part 2

Well, it's the beginning of a new season and time to get back into the school year routines.  A fresh start.  I like that about fall.  I think that others feel the same way because for me, it's the best AVON Recruiting time of the year.

There's a few different reasons that people start thinking about selling AVON this time of year.

  1. The holidays are just around the corner and they need the extra cash.
  2. They're a "seasonal" seller.  Rather than sell all year round, some AVON Representatives re-sign this time of year so that they can order AVON at the Representative discount and earn enough by taking orders from friends, co-workers, and family to pay for their personal shopping.  In essence, they're getting to shop for "free".
  3. The last kid has finally started school and mom needs to do something to get out of the house to socialize, but she doesn't want to return to boring 9 to 5 J. O. B.

Whatever your reason, whether it is one of the above, or you're looking for a full-time career, AVON can fit right into your lifestyle.  Determine your goals (make sure they're specific), make a  plan, and follow it.

I enjoy working with my Starseeker Team.  I like helping them set goals and helping them reach them.  I've set my goal to make Senior Executive Leader and I know that they'll help me reach that goal as will any new Representatives I add along the way.  We are a team.

When I'm working with members of my team, I often tell them things like this:

  • Consider doing something different than what you're already doing...think outside the box and outside your comfort zone.
  • When you try something new and it doesn't exactly turn out like you thought it would, that doesn't mean it wasn't a success.  It WAS a success BECAUSE you did something new.  Try it again...a NEW way.

To me, AVON isn't just some hobby at which I "play".  It's how I help support my family.  It's a business and the income helps me pay for groceries, dance lessons, school activities, church offerings and anything else I need just as your 9 to 5 or whatever job helps you pay for what you need.  The only difference is that I'm not working for someone else.  I'm working for me. 

For my team members who want that to be their goal, I want that for them too.  If one of my team members makes the decision to start Leadership tomorrow, by Christmas, she/he will have earned $500 in the Believe in Your Success bonuses.  Then, she/he will continue to earn bonus checks based on unit sales.

As far as I know, I am not aware of any Direct Selling company out there that has only a $10 start-up fee PLUS gives you your own free website PLUS gives your top-of-the-line training tools and the backing of a company that is 126 years old.  When I look back on my 8 years as an Independent AVON Sales Representative and now AVON Recruiter I have to say it was the best $10 I ever spent.

It's fall...a new season...is it time for a new you?  What are your goals?  How about thinking outside the box and trying something new?  What have you got to lose?  Contact Me

No comments:

Post a Comment